Emmanuel Church has a new website!

The new site is located here: http://emmanuelchurch.life.

forum > Emmanuel Church Recipe Gallery

Have you ever gone to a church potluck, church shower or BBQ and discovered an incredible recipe that you would like to replicate in your own kitchen? Well this is the forum for you! Let's start sharing those recipes. So if you have a recipe that you have been meaning to pass on to someone who asked, or you would like someone's recipe try asking them to post it here and we will all get the benefit of it! If you don't know who brought the dish that you liked, just ask on here and someone is bound to know.

I'll start, because I know that Sara-lee has been wanting my hot spinach dip recipe...

HOT SPINACH DIP

1 c. sour cream
6 slices of bacon (or a half cup of bacon bits)
1 c. mayo
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
1 - 8oz. soften creamed cheese
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp dill weed
1 c. grated cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove minced
1 - 10 oz pkg frozen spinach - thawed and squeezed dry

Beat mayo, sour cream and cream cheese together until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Next, you can either put this in a bowl and heat it up in the microwave to the desired temperature, or put dip inside a hollowed out loaf of bread (reserving the removed bread for dipping) put lid of loaf back on and then wrap entire loaf in foil. Put in oven for an hour or so at 325 until heated through (you may have to experiment with the time and temperature).
TIP: If you know you will be going to a lot of functions (such as around Christmas), make more than one of these and put one in the freezer. Just allow extra time in the oven to warm it up.

So...who is next?!
September 11, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterVal Harbour